I don't like Switzerland

Category: , , By Peter
Posted on August 25.

Sorry for the lack of updates. I haven't really been doing anything blogworthy since Cornwall. Well until I came to Germany I guess.

So.

I flew out of England on the 19th flying into Frankfurt. I came down to visit my friend from high school, Isabelle, who lives in a place called Giessen. Isa was nice enough to come and get me from the airport and take me back to her parent's beautiful house.

Giessen isn't really all that pretty so the next day we went to see a city called Marburg instead which is pretty close. We got to wander around for a little while and Isa took some pictures. I'll need to get those off her because I've lost the charger for my camera. I might be able to get a few more pictures out of it but I'm not sure.

Isa had to go down to Switzerland on Thursday (the 21st) to take a Spanish exam (she's been in Peru for the past 6 months working on her Spanish) so I decided to come with her and visit a friend of mine who was living in Zurich. Also her Dad was driving her down in his Porsche. That may have influenced me as well. He's got a convertible Porsche Carrera S (really fast) and we went REALLY fast. It was pretty cool.

It was fun to meet Anna (my friend in Zurich) but I wasn't very impressed with Switzerland in general. People weren't very friendly and it was really expensive. Like prohibitively expensive. Also less pretty and less mountains than I expected. I was only there one night though so that was ok.

Yesterday, we went wakeboarding which was a lot of fun. I've been wakeboarding in Canada before (Wakeboarding is to waterskiiing what snowboarding is to skiing). In Germany though, the lakes aren't big enough to take a bunch of boats out though so instead they have a cable that goes around a circuit and you're towed on a course by a rope attached to this cable. It's kinda weird. Fun though.

Today I hitchhiked up to Berlin. It's nice and cloudy here right now but by tomorrow it's supposed to clear up. I've got a couple days planned here then it's back to Giessen to visit Isa for a couple more days then back to Wales. I've decided I'm ready to come home and my ticket is booked for September 6th.

See you soon!