I made it!

Category: By Peter
I made it!

Exhausted (19 hours of traveling and 23 hours awake will do that to you) but I needed groceries for tomorrow so I thought I'd make a quick post. My first post abroad!

The ferry, plane and train rides were all fairly uneventful. I made friends with a girl named Laura (who, it turns our happened to be on the same flight as me, and looked lonely sitting by herself in the restaurant at the airport) before the flight. She was from Sheffield and was in Vancouver for a Stargate Atlantis convention. I thought she'd get along well with you Ben. On the flight I made friends with a guy name Naude (pronouced "No idea") who was from South Africa. He was in Victoria visiting his Canadian girlfriend but was on his way back to England (where he worked and lived) to apply for his Canadian work visa. He was a really nice guy and helped me get through the airport terminal and make it to my train on time.

England is really cool so far. I knew people would drive on the wrong side of the road but it's a lot stranger seeing it in real life. They also drive really fast. Jerks.

People don't seem as friendly here as Canadians, as I'm walking down the street no one makes eye contact and no one smiles. I've started winking at random strangers to see if I can elicit a response. I'll update if anyone notices my advances.

Anyways I'm off to shop and see if I can find a SIM card for my cellphone as well as a calling card in case I need to call home. Wish me luck in both cases and hope my money holds out. Everything over here is EXPENSIVE.

I'll update more when more happens.

Peter