Peter + Sleep = Much better

Category: By Peter
So I finally collapsed last night after being awake for 30 hours or so. I slept until about 4 in the morning and then woke and made some calls home. I wasn't sure if I would be able to get back to sleep but ended up falling back asleep until 10 AM. Go figure.

It's threatening to rain today but I suppose it IS England so I better get used to it. I got a SIM card yesterday, my number is 0753 025 2996 (but you dial 011 44 753 025 2996 to call me from Canada). It's free for me if anyone wants to call but it'll cost you whatever it costs to call the UK. Just remember that I'm 8 hours ahead of you.

The plan today is to get a few things I forgot yesterday at the shops (I keep calling them stores but everyone else calls them shops, I guess I should catch on), get some lunch and then take a bus to what I *think* is downtown. We'll see.

Oh and update on my plan to wink at strangers. Apparently I forgot in my sleep-fogged state that winking doesn't have much effect when you're wearing sunglasses. I've taken to smiling politely and nodding at anyone that makes eye contact when they walk by and doesn't just stare at the ground. There aren't many of them but the ones that do just give me surprised looks. We'll see how it develops.