Note to self: Don't try to keep up with English drinkers

Category: By Peter
Posted on Thursday, April 17.

Wednesday I had plans to go to the Isle of Wight and do some touristy stuff. I forgot though that Wednesday was also going to be my laundry day so I didn't actually have any clothes to wear. Ah well.

Wednesday was instead spent taking it easy doing some small errands and watching TV while my clothes washed and dried.

Wednesday night I had been invited to go out with Mark (my cousin Steph's husband) and his friends for a pub crawl and then curry. I didn't eat before we went out because assumed we'd have a couple pints, get some dinner and then get a few more drinks. I was wrong.

7 pints later on an empty stomach and I can't see straight. I left for some fresh air and decided it was a good idea to catch a cab home. I txted Mark to cancel my order and made it home alright.

Ugh.

Tonight I'm going for dinner with Julie (another cousin) and then tomorrow I'm off to Bristol. I got a hold of a couchsurfer in Bristol who is heading to Baths for the weekend so she invited me along. I'll be in Baths Friday and Saturday night then back to Bristol to stay with her for a night or two and see Bristol. Tuesday I'm off to Cardiff (hopefully) for a day or so and then back to Portsmouth.

We'll see how things go and wish me luck on my first *real* traveling.

Also check out the flash map of my trip Ben is making at http://www.petedoeseurope.ca