I made it to Bordeaux hitchhiking!

Category: , , By Peter
Posted May 25.

So I left Andorra on Thursday and made it to Toulouse that afternoon. My hosts in Toulouse, Guillaume (nicknamed Mouts from his last name Mouton (Sheep)) and Bea, were awesome. They're planning to leave in the next 4 months or so to take a 10 month trek through the Americas (plural) so they have huge maps all over the walls detailing their proposed journey.

Friday, I went to take a look around Toulouse and met up with a Couchsurfer from Colombia named Martha. We toured around Toulouse, got crepes and enjoyed the sun. I went out with Mouts to a poker night Friday night and lost 5 Euro. Saturday it was raining but another Couchsurfer I had contacted, Emilie, had offered to take me to see a castle (Montsegur) south of Toulouse so we went to do that. It was a bit wet and very foggy but we got a guided tour and it was really interesting. It was too bad the fog was so thick because it would have been a great view otherwise (it's on top of a mountain, 1200m up) but was cool nonetheless.

We had a little party at Bea and Mouts' Saturday night and Sunday I left for Bordeaux. I hitchhiked all the way here and it worked out really well! I met some cool people and saved money. Awesome.

Current plans are to stay in Bordeaux til about Wednesday then head to la belle Paris!


Couple new pictures up on Facebook and HERE