Paris is really expensive

Category: , By Peter
Posted May 31.

So I spent a couple days in Bordeaux with an awesome couchsurfing host. He was really laidback and we got on really well together. It rained most of the time I was in Bordeaux which kinda sucked but it was still a really pretty city.

On Wednesday I headed to Paris and hitchhiked the whole way! I was quite proud of myself. My hosts here so far have been great and it was actually sunny one day!

On Thursday I went to see the Louvre (very, very big) and the Mona Lisa (very, very small). I ended up meeting an American girl and we explored around Paris, got a bottle of wine when it started to rain and enjoyed it under a tree in the park.

It IS really expensive here though. For example, a CAN of coke in a cafe will cost you about 5CAD. Ugh. Wine is about the only inexpensive thing.

I'm thinking of spending the next couple days around here then heading towards Belgium on Monday.

We'll see.