Jongleurs, Couchsurfers and Hang overs

Category: By Peter
Oh boy.

So Saturday night I got a text message from a couchsurfer I had contacted before I came to Portsmouth. He told me that he (along with some friends) were planning on heading out to a club that night and wanted to know if I wanted to go out.

I, of course, agreed and so Paula and Del dropped me off at his house later Saturday night. The couchsurfer's name was Colin and he was from France but had recently completed school in Berlin and moved to Portsmouth to work. We hung out for a bit at his place while he had a late dinner and got to know each other over a couple beers.

We headed out to meet another friend of his (Thierry, a pharmacist from Belgium who had just worked a 13 hour day) and then headed down to the club. The club "Jongleurs" was a comedy club in the early evening (which we missed) and a night club later (when we arrived). The place was HUGE (at least compared to anything I'd seen in Nanaimo and Vancouver). Which really isn't much but whatever.

We met some more friends at the club but they left early and we decided to stay and have some more fun. We headed back to a house party when the clubbed closed (they close at 2AM like in BC which apparently is really early compared to the rest of Europe) and hung out with a bunch more people there.

But 5AM when we left the club I was smashed. We went back to Thierry's place for another beer and to listen to some music. By about 6 I was ready to call it a night so Colin and I headed back to his place where I had left my stuff. He made "an english breakfast" (means it had breakfast stuff and then beans), which we ate then I caught a cab back to Viv's house.

I tried to sleep but woke up 3 hours later because all the redbull and vodka's I had had were making me vibrate. I decided to get some fresh air so I went for a walk around the shops and received a call from Paula and Del asking if I wanted to go see a car show.

They picked me up and we went to see a vintage car rally which was pretty cool. I was feeling less sick by this point but more and more tired. We went for a walk by the water but I was absolutely exhausted and had them take me home by about 5PM. I made some calls and then collapsed in bed and was asleep in no time.

There's a market in town today which I'm going to check out, I'd like to get some insoles for my shoes (the ones I have are *ok* but I could use some better ones), I'm going to see Mary and Charles Hawker (more cousins but older) and then I'm going to see the movie "21" with Colin. Wish me luck.